Do email notifications on your phone distract you often? And when you go all the way to read the mail, it is unimportant. Not good, right? Due to the advancement of technology and many online task management tools, you also have a solution to this problem!
More than one billion people worldwide use Gmail as their preferred choice of email service. But very few know how to organize emails in Gmail. How do you prioritize emails so that notification does not disrupt your inbox and working hours? Keep reading to learn some tips.
Like folders, labels are helpful and far more flexible than typical folders since you can simultaneously apply them to many emails. You can use colors for your labels to differentiate between messages in Gmail. What is the best way to accomplish this? Here are the steps to guide you through the process.
- Go to any browser and open your Gmail account with your login credentials.
- You will be on your inbox menu of Gmail. Select any email by clicking on the mail, and then a checkbox option appears on the left side of the mail.
- While selecting the email, go to the menu above, and you will find an arrow-like tag on the top. That is the label tag. Click on the same.
- Click on the ‘create new option from the drop-down menu.
- Give a name to the label.
- After that, click on the ‘create’ option. You will see a label is created for the email you have selected. That way, you can add emails to that label and see only those emails when you click on the label.
Using Digital File Organization
How to organize emails in Gmail? The best way to do this is to use a program from a reputable platform that enables easy email management. Some programs help you file your email attachments, regular files, and documents on a cloud server. It lets you organize, manage, and prioritize your emails and documents in the way you want, in the most efficient way. So, How can you do that?
- The first step is adding the file organizer to your Gmail account. For that, you need to go to google chrome to find the file extension and add it to your Gmail account.
- You can easily log in with your login details and start organizing the emails of your choice.
- Activate the file organizer in your Gmail, and you are good to go! You can now find any document or mail within a few seconds.
Disable Useless Tabs
The five tabs in Gmail do not need to be open at all times. You can turn off the items you rarely use, and the Basic tab is the only one you cannot deactivate.
You can disable the tabs as follows:
- Select the Settings menu on Gmail.
- Select Configure Inbox from the menu appearing.
- Choose which tabs to activate or deactivate.
- Remember that messages from disabled tabs will appear on the Primary tab. Permanently delete the addresses that receive a few emails. Your Gmail organization is done!
Learning to arrange your emails like a pro will not take much work. You can save your efforts and a lot of time just by using various online email management tools or downloading and using efficient programs that make the job easier to manage all your emails and documents effectively.