Before IGTV, Instagram videos could not be longer than 60 seconds for the feed and 15 seconds for Stories. Many users have long wanted to upload longer videos, and now this opportunity has appeared.
IGTV allows you to upload videos up to 10 minutes, and in the future, the developers promise to increase the maximum duration to 1 hour.
The new service took a lot from Instagram stories: vertical orientation of videos, stickers, and hashtags, user tags and other interesting video additions. It is gaining popularity today, and we will focus on some of its nuances.
How to create an IGTV channel on your phone?
Step 1. Go to Instagram or IGTV Application.
Step 2. If you do this through Instagram, then click on the IGTV icon, which is located in the top panel of the application.
Step 3. Next, click on the wheel, which is located opposite the search box.
Step 4. Select the “Create Channel” option. After that, you will have two informative windows, where you just need to click on “Next”. Do this and in the last informative window click “Create Channel”.
How to create an IGTV channel on a computer?
Step 1. Open the Instagram.com website in your browser.
Step 2. Go to the profile for which you want to create a channel and go to the settings (wheel/gear). Click on the IGTV Tab, as shown in the figure below.
Step 3. Finally, click on the blue “Start” button and follow the instructions on the screen.
That’s all! Creating your own Instagram channel is very easy. Another thing is to fill it and raise the audience. If you’re having problems with getting engagement, the solution is to buy real Instagram followers.
By the way, a little tip! When you upload a video to IGTV, you can add a separate cover to it. Thus, you can make your channel visually harmonious and appropriate to your image.
10 Facts about IGTV, Which were told at the presentation:
- All users can upload videos to IGTV, and not just public figures, stars or companies;
- In the future, popular service users will get built-in tools for monetizing videos;
- Any video on IGTV can be liked, commented and sent to friends via private Instagram messages;
- When you open the app, video recordings start automatically, and you can switch between them by swiping along the lines of Instagram stories;
- The IGTV program already has collections of popular videos, so you will definitely have something to watch;
- In the future, the maximum video quality in the service will increase significantly, reaching 4K;
- Unlike YouTube, IGTV will bet on vertical videos that are convenient to watch on the iPhone;
- The video in the application will be full-screen;
- Now access to IGTV can be obtained using a separate application from the App Store, and through Instagram;
- At the beginning stage, videos in the service can be from 15 seconds to 10 minutes, but over time their maximum length will increase to an hour.
What is most interesting for IGTV users?
Today IGTV can be launched both as a separate application and within the Instagram application. Immediately after the opening of the service, the latest videos from your feed, recommended and popular videos automatically play.
You have the opportunity to like videos, comment and send them through personal Instagram messages. You can switch between sections for clips using the Overview tab.
“For you.” Recommended videos for you. Here are clips of users you are following, and those you most often watch. Recently released videos also appear here that may be of interest to you, selected using artificial intelligence.
“Following” This section includes videos from users you are following on Instagram.
“Popular” The most viewed videos from users you are not following. They are selected in an intelligent way and are closely associated with videos that your friends watch and like.
“Look further” In this section are all the videos that you have not watched to the end. With it, you can quickly return to viewing.
Why IGTV Bloggers and Commercial Accounts?
Anyone can create a channel on IGTV. You just need to click on your avatar in the Browse menu and follow the instructions on the screen.
You have the opportunity to create several IGTV channels for different purposes with fast switching, following the example of Instagram, and also link them to a page on Facebook to quickly share videos on this social network.
When you upload a video to IGTV, you need to give it a name, as well as adding a short description with user tags and hashtags. At the moment, each video should last from 15 seconds to 10 minutes, but in the future, the upper limit will increase to an hour.
You can see the statistics for each video: the number of views (all counted from 3 seconds or more), the number of likes and comments, as well as information on audience retention (% of video viewed).
IGTV – A competitor for YouTube? What is the future of service?
Since IGTV is designed specifically for vertical video, it is unlikely to go beyond mobile devices. At the same time, horizontal YouTube is today viewed not only on the iPhone but also on iPad, Mac, TVs, and other devices.
Most likely, in the future, services will be developed in parallel. IGTV together with Instagram will firmly occupy the niche of mobile video and will become an additional platform that will help you talk about your life or your product.
- 6 Ways to Increase Instagram Growth
- Top Ways to Engage more Instagram Followers
- Best Instagram Features Strategy That Will Grow Your Business