It is the happy period of life as you have brought the bundle of joy to life into this world. With new responsibilities, it is also the right time to pat your back. As a new mom, you will be surrounded by family, friends, acquaintances, and others who will have some or the other advice to offer you. That too when it comes to breastfeeding, everyone will have a specific set of experience and advice. There will a lot of doubts and questions running through your mind during your 1st session of breastfeeding or even before you start breastfeeding. All the hows and whats need to be clarified before you can actively start breastfeeding the baby. As I was staying away from my parents during the time of my delivery, I have a couple of visits to one of the maternity centres near me open now. The doctor helped me in understanding the dos and dont’s and also suggest me to take part in the parenting classes which was a blessing. Let us see some of the unknown facts about pregnancy which no one tells you:
- You need not to keep eating like how you ate for the past 10 months during your pregnancy. You can relax a little bit and take the bite of your favorite chicken drumstick. There is still a strict no to drinks and smoking as it can not only affect your baby but also affect your health as your body will be tender post delivery.
- If you are carving for drinking a little bit then we can make corrections to the above point. You can drink in moderate quantities but make sure it does not affect your lifestyle otherwise. You should avoid drinking alcohol if you have problems with milk supply.
- Your belly is definitely going to hurt for a few months post delivery and hence it is strictly advised not to indulge in any form of physical activity which might require you to stress your body. No weight lifting or Zumba for a few months of your pregnancy can help you recover at a faster rate.
- Do not compare your milk with any of the other mammals. Your milk is definitely not going to look like cow’s milk. There is a lot of difference. In fact, your milk is much better and thick than cow’s milk.
- Leaky breasts are very common and you need not to worry about it. You might want to wear a maternity pad or patch while you are working or going out. The leak can vary from person to person and hence it is highly subjective.
- Your life will take a little more time to pick up as your estrogen levels will be pretty low while you are still nursing.
Watch Sports Debate Show @ Powersportz.tv