At some point in our life, everybody of us has to think about the big question – what exactly do we all have to do in life?
However, the question may sound philosophical, but nobody has really escaped from this question. Every year, thousands of people undertake or thinking to undertake, some form of career counseling. Everybody has something special within. For this, we need someone or somebody who can help us aware of what we have. Often we feel that we are well aware of ourselves and know what we want to do but in most cases, it turns into a false story. This is the case where we need an expert on career counselling in India to find out about our interests and career to choose from.
Career Counselor who is passionate and proactive about professional growth can optimize the ability to empower you by implementing proper strategies so that you can advance the career development. It would become more motivating for the students who are looking for proper career prospects in their future. A proper career counseling in India can help you to conquer greater goals than you ever thought.
What is Career Counselling?
Before taking advice from a career counselor, it is necessary to know about career counseling. Career Counseling is the process of understanding a student about his/her interests and recommending a suitable career option for him/her. It is mainly helping students to know their true potentiality and choose the right path which is best suited according to his/her capacities. With proper direction, students have to pay proper attention to their interests to build up their future life.
The process of career counseling in India involves a few steps and processes including written tests, aptitude tests, IQ tests, personality tests followed by face to face, and one by one discussion with the expert. The tests mainly consist of multiple-choice questions with the discussions that aim to explore the hidden interests of the students that can help the counselor to understand the student in totality. You can say that it is a preparation for an informal interview and students are allowed to ask anything that wants to know related to education and career to the counselor.
Professional counselors in India or any other well-known place are formally trained individuals in the field and students can feel comfortable while talking to them. In fact, at the end of each session, expert counselors will provide you with a list of few focusing areas in which you have to work hard to make a bright career. During the whole process, data analyzed are supported by the suggestions and tips with some industry overviews as well according to your recommended fields.
There is another new model of counseling that is present in the market today – online career counseling. With the help of the internet, the career counseling process today has become much easier and students can get the results faster.
Advantages of Career Counselling in India:
There are several advantages of career counseling but most of the benefit depends on the expertise, knowledge, experience, training, and understanding of the counselor. A professionally trained career counselor who has years of experience could be able to provide you with a lot of benefits. Few advantages that you can get from a career counseling in India are given below:
- As an experienced and independent advisor, the counselor would be able to put your situation, qualifications, interests, personality, experience, and ability into a broad perspective. It would help you to find out your position as well as the proper direction in your career life.
- An experienced career counselor has a lot of experience and knowledge in various employment industries. This simply means that the counselor had also seen the other part of the coin in which you may not be familiar and this can help you in a great way. They also have much more experience than human resource departments and recruiters work.
- A trained counselor is expert enough that he is able to get the right information out of you in a structured way. The counselor will then uses that information promptly, combine it with other necessary information, and provide you with the best suitable career course for you.
- So, while thinking of career change, a professional and experienced career counselor could be invaluable as per the complexities in both practical and personal and also help you to make the proper decision.
- The career counseling agencies also offer various recommended coaching courses that may be helpful for your future.
- Having someone who will provide you with a set of questions for different tests and help you to gain confidence when making any decision for your future career.
iDreamCareer.com is one of the leading career counseling providers in India which provides effective career counseling for students from different streams.