Not all students were born good learners but when both the parent and teachers get involved; it can change the child’s willingness to learn. However, students who have the basic aptitude as well as receive the right motivation from the two parties often become good learners.
Due to the change of lifestyle that many parents go to work and come back home very late and tired. It gives their children little time to engage and share with them what they have learned and the problems they encounter which greatly affects the relationship between children and their parents.
Often, most children are left to do their homework or assignment alone without assistance from their parents or guardians; this limit learning to their classroom while, it should be extended outside the classroom wall. To enhance your child’s desire as well as the ability to learn, follow these 5 proven tips to motivate your child to study more or learn;
1. Develop a Reading Atmosphere:
When a child develops an interest in reading, they as well develop an interest to learn. However, children who tend to struggle with reading also happens to struggle with learning.
Reading helps children develop a much-richer vocabulary, helps their brain learn on how to process concepts as well as formal communication.
The skills they gain from reading not only increase their performance in language-art classes but also enhance their ability to learn other subjects as well. To create that conducive environment for your child to develop good reading skills, you can;
- Read to the child more frequently
- Let the child read aloud
- Create a family reading time
- Be an example and fill the classroom or home with various reading materials such as novels, newspapers and much more to create a good atmosphere of reading which will demonstrate to the child/students the importance of reading.
- To make their reading more fun, let them pick their chosen book to read but help them read as well as create some activities for them which makes reading more fun.
Also Read: Which Hobbies Can Bring Students a Fortune
2. Encourage or Develop an Open and Sincere Communication
Often encourage the child to express his or her opinion; what’s going on with their education. When a child feels more comfortable to share and express what he feels that is, their likes dislikes as well as concern, they are more likely to feel reassured to an extent of opening up to share about his educational experience.
Create an open atmosphere to encourage this habit. When a child feels he is not given space or opportunity to be heard, they tend to disengage from the learning process. Encourage your child or student to open up such that they can feel comfortable to share their experiences without being put down, judged, ignored or even discourage. It also helps build child confidence and self-esteem.
3. Introduce & Encourage Various Types of Learning Styles
Basically, there are majorly seven fundamental learning-styles used in classes that include; Visual, Verbal, Logical, Auditory, Physical, and Social as well as solitary. Each child has their learning preferences and styles. Choose those best suitable to his ways of learning to encourage and make his learning more fun and easy.
4. Focus on the Child’s Interest
First, identify what your child likes then engage your child or student in those areas and subjects of his interest. This way, learning becomes more fun and they tend to engage in learning as well. If you want your child to do better in school, often encourage your child to explore those topics and subjects which fascinate him.
5. Recognize and Celebrate Your Child Achievements
Just like anyone else, if your efforts are recognized and appreciated; you’ll feel elevated and would want to do much more. Apply the same to your child. Children require constant positive-reinforcement in-order to keep them motivated thus, to learn as well as challenge themselves to achieve more or do better. Often use positive reinforcements to act as your tool when it comes to motive learning in regards to your child.
- 6 Ways to Be Happy All the Time in Your Life
- 5 Best Ways That Can Make You Succeed Without Any Talent
- Entrepreneur Quotes for Success to Motivate and Inspire You!